Monday, December 8, 2008

I'll Be Home For Christmas....



..I just absolutly love Christmas songs...as you can see by the past few titles of my blogs!!.. =)


Anyways..as you may have guessed, I'll Be Home For Christmas!!!.. (TOMORROW!!!)..that's right, I get to go home tomorrow!...I'm all done with my finals!!!!!!!!!!Thank the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!...The only thing I have left to do is tonight,..the Christmas choir I'm in is singing @ a local high school...It should be ok, although I would much rather go see a movie that my friends are going to watch...But O Well..This will be the last time for a month that I'll get to see my Choir buddies!..=/ I am gonna miss them...O I just remembered that I do have to turn a paper in tomorrow, but it's done, so that's no biggie!




As for Christmas, I am very excited, yet anxious about it this year. As you all know, My parents are divorced, and my father and I are doing Christmas a little different this year; starting new traditions I guess you could say...For example, my mom never liked having a real Christmas tree, but I love real trees!!..So, on Friday, me and my dad are going to go chop one down!! =) Although Im looking forward to that, Im not looking forward to having to go to 2 different houses to have Christmas with my parents. My mom also wants me to come spend the night sometime at her house while Im on break; part of my wants to, but another part of me doesn't know if I can handle it...Im still praying about it...Please pray for me to!!!


Also, This is the first Christmas without my grandmother...I hope this isn't very hard to deal with, although, I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it... hmm. anyways..I remind myself of all the great memories that I have with her, and Im ok... I found this poem somewhere, and I liked it so much, that I put it in my quote book and Im thinking about reading it @ Christmas time...It helps me put a smile on my face about Christmas this year.... Ill post it at the end, hope you enjoy it..


Anyways...Im also looking forward to the regular holiday traditions that my family has!!..Christmas Eve Morning=Christmas with Papa and Mimi(Sylvia)...I love thinking of new gifts to make for Papa, because I am the orneriest with him, so my gifts are usually very ornery...and I have an exceptionally good one this year!! Then we(the family) enjoy very good lunch, stuffing ourselves full up to the top claiming that we will, "Never be able to eat again," or my personal favorite, "I don't think I'll ever be able to move!!" We then procede on to opening presents, and spend time talking with the aunts, uncles, cousins, we haven't see in a while...We have a great time...Then on Christmas Eve, we make our way up to Mama's house, pack everyone in to the small, yet cozy, living room, and even after proclaiming that we will never eat again, we some how manage to find room in our stomach for 2 helpings of lasagna, 2/3 pieces of garlic bread, salad, and a huge portion of Mississippi Mud for desert...After everybody has stuffed theirselves again, someone reads the Christmas story from Luke 2...we take turns reading outloud every year, and I believe that it is Jana's turn this year if I am not mistaken..anyways...we read the story to remind us the true reason for the season!!..Jesus Christ...I love this tradition.. then of course, we procede on to the presents...the little kids making out with gifts like little bandits. The funny part is that the kids get the toys, and the parents end up playing with them!!(putting them together!) =) And sometimes, if anyone is feeling brave, someone will turn on the t.v. and try to watch, It's a Wonderful Life!!.(My favorite Christmas movie!!)




Well, I guess this was a longer post than expected...but I'm so excited for Christmas!! =)


So, I better be getting ready for my choir concert!...Merry Christmas everyone!!..ttyl! =)








Christmas in Heaven


I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES
around the world below,
with tiny lights like HEAVEN’S STARS
reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so SPECTACULAR
please wipe away that tear
for I am spending CHRISTMAS
WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.


I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS
that people hold so dear
but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare
with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.


I have no words to tell you
of the JOY their voices bring
for it is beyond description
to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.



I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME,
I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending CHRISTMAS
WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.


I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR
or the PEACE here in this place
Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS
WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face



I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT
as I tell him of your love
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER
as you lift your eyes above.


Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL
and let your SPIRIT SING
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN
and I’m walking WITH THE KING





1 comment:

Jana H said...

Oh, Aubrey. You made me cry. I miss Grandma too. The poem was good too. I can imagine how hard this time of year is for you. I will be praying for you, and if you need anything, give me a call and we'll hang out or talk or something. I miss you so much. I'll talk to you later.