Thursday, November 13, 2008

Speech!

Ok. So I really hate to public speak..I can, and for the most part I do a good job, but I hate to!...
But I did really well on my Informative speech, and now we are working on our Persuasive Speech. Im really excited to get to do this speech beacuse I have picked an interesting topic; The Importance of a Nucular (spelling?) Family...basically why a divorce is destructful...
I havent spent very much time researching-only about an hour so far-and already I've found a bunch of information; a lot coming from James Dobson's organization Focus on the Family. I love this organization because they give a Christian view/advice/perspective on everything.
Anyways, that's a sneak peek of my persuasive speech.
We also recently had an Oral Comm. test..(Oral Communications=Speech)..and I got a 94 on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) ...that made me VERY VERY VERY happy!!


SO now. Im doing nothing. Sitting in my dorm room, procrastinating more research, debating wether or not to take a nap, and wondering what time I should go eat.
Yes. I guess you could say, the life of a college student.
God Bless. =)

5 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Sorry we will miss you for Thanksgiving, but I hope you have an AWESOME time with your friend. I think your speech topic is a great one! Good luck with it sweetie!

Jana H said...

Good Luck with all your school stuff and with finals if I don't get to tell you before hand.

Jana H said...

Hey Aubrey,
Actually I'm thinking about not coming home until Sunday. There is a retreat that FBC here needs chaperones for and it's just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We would get back Sunday and noon and then I could head back. The retreat is called MOGWOG: men of God, women of God. I'm really excited. I haven't told my parents yet, and my mom really shouldn't care because she has to work that weekend. So...I probably won't see you. I'm sorry, but we'll talk on here and then I'll see you for Christmas Break. Have fun in Pennsylvania. Love you.

Jana H said...

Hey I actually may be coming home on Friday. So if I decided to I will call you. What time is your concert? Anyway, I will talk to you later. Love you.

Lea said...

Congrats on your oral speech test! That's great. For someone who hates giving speeches (as much as I do) it sounds like you are pretty good at it.

Hope to see you soon!