Tuesday, August 7, 2007

2-A-Days to Football

Well..this year I decided to be a football trainer; for the one and only famous VHS Hornets!!!!....We started 2-a-days today...it was really quite interesting and I had more fun than expected.

There are 3 other trainers besides myself...Becca and Erin, they're both Seniors too...and then Erica, she's a junior, but we still like her..lol..

The first practice was at 8 o'clock this morning...that was fun...(after getting to sleep in until at least eight all summer this was a big change)...I got there at about 5 till...I was pretty early....but then the coaches told us we needed to be ready to go by 8...so to be there no later than 7:30...uggh....oh well...the early bird gets the worm...right??!! =) Practice lasts about two hours...its not too bad on us trainers...

After the morning practice, I had to run a few errands for dad...(more than a few actually!!)...and then I needed to eat...I hadn't ate all day, and I think that was the reason for my ginormous headache!!...so in telling Dad that I had this headache, he told me that I could go home and sit under the air conditioner!!!... =) (I have officially become a wuss when it comes to the sweet A.C.!!!)
Later I headed back to our 6 o'clock evening practice we had..it was again another 2 hours...but for some reason, the evening practice wasn't as bad...but I haven't a clue why...

At about the end of practice, our Superintendent showed up and had a special treat for not only the football players and coaches, but for the trainers as well!!....we got POPSICLES!!...you have no idea how long it has been since I have had a popsicle!!...it was so good...and I even spilled it on my like I use to when I was a kid!!lol....

Anyways, all in all, practice was good. The football boys are great to get along with; the coahes are nice; and the other 3 trainers are such great friends!!...It made for a great day, no matter how tired I am...

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed football practice. I'm glad the other girls are fun to work with. I'll be praying for you as school starts.